NOVEMBER 2016- WHAT ARE YOUR SMCF TRAINERS THANKFUL FOR?
- Family – Both my blood relatives and the family I have bled next to within the walls of SMCF. SO much laughter, learning, & accomplishments have happened in my life thanks to the great people who I surround myself within and outside of the gym
- Health – I have been lucky enough to not have any major health issues or complications. An obvious contributor is my love of exercise and clean eating!
- My daughter Olivia – My one true inspiration to be the best person I can be in every possible aspect on a daily basis. It’s scary to think where I’d be if I wasn’t blessed with her in my life.
- My family
- The service men and women who fight for our country
- The fellowship and friendship that I receive through mutual interest, SMCF, despite differences in race, religious views, political views, age, sex, and occupations.
- Leah liking tacos as much as me.
- SMCF giving me another chance to be an athlete and coach.
- I don’t think I could be more thankful or love anything more in this world than my adorable students.
- I’m thankful that South Mountain Crossfit helped me improve my physical well-being but more importantly my mental well-being.
- My Sexy Ass Roommate 🙂
- My health and the health of my family, which I owe in part to SMCF.
- My wife’s booty which I owe in part to SMCF.
- That I don’t need Viagra, yet. Which has nothing to do with SMCF.
- HEALTH- In world full of disease & unfortunate circumstances, never take your health for granted. You only have one life, take care of it & be active!
- FAMILY & FRIENDS- I enjoy nothing more than being surrounded by people that you love & love you back in a positive light.
- TEACHING & COACHING- The satisfaction of being granted the ability & privilege to help people on a daily basis is something I treasure. During the day in the classroom, at night at the gym, wherever possible I gain pleasure seeing someone accomplish something that they never thought possible.
- I’m thankful that SMCF CrossFit gives me an environment where people are as serious about their fitness as I am; however, I find their opinions of my musical choices odd #deathgrips
- I’m also thankful that SMCF is literally open all the time, virtually every day (at least in my mind) to allow me to fitness–this is probably and overstatement, but you know
- And I am most thankful for my incredible wife, extraordinary children, and an overly supportive extended family
- The SMCF community
- Competitive support and motivation
- The willingness to help others/ give back to the community.
- Nature: woods, sunsets, sunrise, mountains, trees, leaves, streams, water….Oh em gee all of it
- Laughing: I love to laugh. I’m thankful I have so many people in my life that help make my face hurt from laughing and smiling so much
- SMCF in general: for welcoming me just a short year ago as a stranger to now a place I happily call ‘home’
- The Future
- My wife, Elena
- SMCF coaches who help me improve every day
- Pizza, no explanation required
COACH DAN (MOODY):
- Friends and family… and the fact that the distinction between the two is often blurry.
- My job, and the fact that for the first time in my adult life, I don’t hate going to work. My worst day working in fitness is infinitely better than my best day doing anything else.
- My dogs. They are better than your dogs, or any other dogs that ever dogged.
- Having a job that I love– teaching kindergarten
- My nieces– who are the BEST!
- For SMCFbranching out to other modes of fitness and starting the Maximum Effort Barbell Club
- Dan Carlson’s a$$
- Family & friends
- I have 2 jobs that allow me to help people live healthier lives
- The invention of the strict press which made handstand push-ups totally unnecessary
- I have jobs that challenge me and push me every day as a professional, business owner, and human being.
- Candy, coffee, & kale. No explanations needed.
- Family who accepts & supports me & lifelong friends who keep me grounded and laughing through just about anything!