Attention all SMCF athletes!
We are excited to announce our 2nd SMCF goal challenge. Many members competed in the 3 month goal challange we recently ended. Some were able to complete all of their goals, some got one or two, and most learned a lot along the way. Regardless of how you finished up our previous challenge, we are encouraging all of our athletes and trainers to take what you learned from the previous challenge, and participate in our 6 MONTH GOAL CHALLENGE.
The details and the rules:
1. You must understand the purpose of the challenge and take responsibility for either working hard at it or not. The purpose: to set a goal and commit to an action plan executed on a regualr basis to help achieve a desired goal that is important to you and to positively reinforce your motivation for success through consistency and good work ethic. A trainer can give you all the tips in the world for a muscle up, but if you don’t put in the time and dedication on your end, you’re not going to get there. Take ownership of your goals and your ambitions. We can give you the tools and the tricks of the trade, but we can’t provide you with the fight that comes from within yourself to work hard.
2. Goal sheets are available at the gym in the large binder. We advise you to complete the goal worksheet and take some time thinking through your intentions before scribbling down some goals that sound good. When your worksheet and goal sheet are each completed, turn them into a trainer. The draft of your goals is due to a trainer no later than Saturday, October 5th. If you hand in your goals late, it is still acceptable, but you will have less time to work on them.
3. The 6 Month Challenge officially kicks off on Monday, October 7th. This means that 6 months from that day, in April, the challenge will conclude and we will announce our raffle drawing winners! Previous prizes included monthly memberships, SMCF swag, About Time, & Kill Cliff. If we said an entire case of Kill Cliff was on the list for April, would we get some fierce competition out there?!?
4. All goal sheets will be kept in the binder on top of the Kill Cliff fridge. Goal sheets will be alphabatized according to FIRST name. Once you complete a goal, A TRAINER MUST INITIAL & DATE YOUR GOAL SHEET IN THE BINDER. If you do not have a trainer initial it, then it doesn’t count. It’s the only way for us to track your progress fairly. If you video yourself completing one of you goals, that can count! But again, be sure to show it to a trainer and have them sign the binder.
5. For every goal you complete (a max. of 3), your name will be entered into a raffle drawing for various prizes at the conclusion of the program. If you complete all 3 of your goals, your name will be entered in the Grand Prize Raffle which includes a free membership, SMCF swag, a free back rub from Fox, and more!
6. The current chalkboard in the hallway will be erased. Wrtite your new goals up proudly, but please don’t up half the board when doing so. We have a lot of members. Sharing means caring 🙂 Place some accountability on yourself and be proud of your goals by putting them on the board! When you complete one, cross that bad boy off for the gym to see!
7. We will do a few scheduled check-ins along the way to see how you are progressing. Goals may be adjusted during these times after discussing with a trainer.
First tip to make sure your goal is right for you: MAKE YOUR GOALS “SMART”
“A goal properly set is halfway reached.” – Zig Ziglar
Specific– Ex: I will string 20 pull-ups in a row or I will snatch 205# NOT I will do pull-ups or I’ll increase my snatch weight
Measurable– Ex: I will work on pull-up progressions 3 xs per week for at least 15 mins. After the group wod NOT I’ll work on pull-ups
Attainable or Action-based– Ex: I will complete my progressions every week NOT I’ll work on them when I have a chance, but I travel a lot this month
Realistic– Ex: I have 3 chest-to-bar pull-ups and 3 ring dips, so I’m ready for a muscle-up NOT I can’t do chest-to-bar pull-ups and can’t do ring dips, but I want a muscle-up!
Time-based– Ex: I have 3 months to complete my goal NOT I just want 1 stinking pull-up!