SOUTH MOUNTAIN CROSSFIT
THIS PLACE WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE
This month we have chosen to highlight an athlete who has brought a colossal amount of positivity and energy to SMCF, Matt Zerbe! Matt started his CrossFit journey in Philly and continued it once he moved up to the Lehigh Valley. You can catch him in the weee hours of the morning at the 5:30am classes, where the trash talking, high fives, and occasional butt slaps start early! Here’s a little more about one of our favorite members, the Zerbe man!
1. How long have you been CrossFitting?I think I started CrossFit sometime in 2012. I saw a bunch of people flipping a tire outside of a garage at 6am on a Wednesday, and it looked way too punishing not to try. Shoutout to CrossFit Ridge Ave for the opportunity to push around a sled at 6 am and wake everyone in Manayunk up.
2. What is your favorite WOD/Movement? This is a no brainer…snatches, cleans, wallballs, sit-ups….ya know…anything involving chalk. All the chalk.
3. Least Favorite? Anything involving kipping. I have the shoulders of a 90 year old arthritic guy submerged in concrete…yea.
4. Favorite cheat meal? Donuts and chocolate chip cookies
6. What is your favorite CrossFit/SMCF memory? I know I’m echoing Iris’ (🌷) sentiments, but one of my favorite parts about SMCF are the trainers and the fun warmups. They always keep it loose and fun. No matter what’s going on elsewhere in life, that hour is one of the best parts of the day.
7. Best Advice for CrossFit newbies? Have fun. Have fun. Have fun. The CrossFit environment is the only placed I’ve ever been where you not only get fit, but also have a blast doing so.