Happy Friday gang! This week has been another great week at SMCF. Hope everyone is thinking about their GOATS (things you suck at) for tonight. Moving forward we are going to try to work in segments like tonight where we let you choose your moves and try to work them to the bone to get better at them. Rememeber be honest with yourself, I know its very cliche but… Practice Makes Perfect.
Below are a few REMINDERS about the OPEN
* If you havent signed up for the 2013 CrossFit Open you have until Sunday to sign up. We will be holding the workout at SMCF at 10am on Saturday and I know some people will be tackling it on Sunday at the Open gym. The Open gym will not be a scheduled judging time so it is your responsibiity to secure a judge.
* If you have signed up for the SMCF Open Team we need you t-shirt size by Sunday. Just a reminder if you dont sign up for a tshirt you will not be recieving one. BTW starting getting your tan on because they are (Cheesy 80’s) tanktops for both the Ladies and Gents!
* Athletes competing in the Open need to submit their own scores on the CrossFit Games site. Remember for this workout you will need to capture your time for the last round of snatches that you complete as well as your score.
* If you are taking on Open WOD 13.1 for the first time or want to give it another shot on Saturday please get to the gym a little early to start to stretch out and get focused on your task at hand. We are going to try and get the first heat started by 10:15…make sure to pack your gamefaces.
* Starting next Friday March 15th we will be having OPEN GYM every Friday from 6:30PM to 8PM
* Big shout out to Christa Tam for stepping up and creating a South Mountain CrossFit team for the Tough Mudder that is being held in June, right here in the Lehigh Valley. Please see the details below and feel free to send us an email or speak with Christa at the gym for any additional details. Also we have a team setup for the Mudder in October too.
- We are registered to start at 8am on 6/1/13
- When you log in our team name is SMCF and our password is RESPECT
- Please go to http://toughmudder.com to sign up!
- Sign up ASAP…these events sell out fast and are a BLAST